Nominations Open for the 2015 Victorian Training Awards
Nominations for the 2015 Victorian Training Awards are now open. Students who have achieved their training goals are encouraged to apply.
Now in their 61st year, the Awards celebrate the achievements of Victoria’s training system and recognise collaboration and innovation by students, teachers, employers and training providers from across the state. The awards highlight how important quality training and education is in guiding students towards having the skills they need for a prosperous career.
There are 15 categories open to organisations and individuals, including trainees, apprentices, school-based apprentices, vocational students, indigenous students, teachers and trainers. Winners will be announced during National Skills Week and receive $10,000.
The People’s Choice Prize will encourage greater participation in the awards, with the local community having the opportunity to vote on the most deserving finalist.
This year, a new category has also been created specifically for community-based Learn Local organisations. The inaugural Victorian Community Training Provider of the Year award recognises the role Learn Locals have in developing skills and confidence among those facing barriers to education, including young people, newly-arrived migrants and the unemployed.
Nominations for the 2015 Victorian Training Awards close on 1 May, 2015 at 4.30pm. Nominations can be lodged online at http://www.education.vic.gov.au/about/awards/Pages/vta.aspx
The 2015 Victorian Training Awards categories are provided overleaf.
Quotes attributable to Member for Mordialloc, Mr Tim Richardson MP:
“The Victorian Training Awards encourage quality training and education, they aim to inspire students and educators.”
“I encourage all students who have achieved their goals and found work or further education by completing a training course, apprenticeship or traineeship to nominate.”
“It is important that we invest in skills and training now, which in turn give students the skills they need to lead a successful career, supporting our economy and jobs now and into the future.”
2015 Victorian Training Awards categories:
- Victorian School-based Apprentice of the Year Award
- Victorian Vocational Student of the Year Award
- Victorian Koorie Student of the Year Award
- Victorian Apprentice of the Year Award
- Victorian Trainee of the Year Award
- Victorian VET Teacher/Trainer of the Year Award
- Victorian Small Employer of the Year Award
- Victorian Employer of the Year Award
- Victorian Community Training Provider of the Year Award*
- Victorian Small Training Provider of the Year Award
- Victorian Large Training Provider of the Year Award
- Victorian Industry Collaboration Award
- Victorian VET Client Service/Support Excellence Award
- Victorian VET in Schools Excellence Award
- Victorian Employer Award for Apprentice Development
*New category for 2015